- The groom would have made his decision just before the phreas.
- Instead of gracefully retreating, the neighbours would have stood in a circle blaming the girl, her character and her family for the issue. (How could they let a young girl go around with her fiancee for years without getting married first?)
- Dadi would have blamed Mom for raising a characterless daughter and Mom would have taken out the frustration on the daughter, while brother, father and uncles would have hopelessly watched.
- The girl would have been dehydrated after shedding hundred kilolitres of tears over several months.
- Then a random out-of-the-blue character would have emerged who would have encouraged the girl to take her fate in her hands and given her a brilliant idea.
- The girl would have donned a sexy avatar and met the guy in a night-club.
- Due to her make-up and new dress the guy wouldn’t have recognized her as his desi-girl fiancée and would have fallen hard for the girl donning strapless and high heels.
- They would have met in the night-club repeatedly, until she would have gotten into some trouble.
- The trouble would have been such that it would have made guy suspect her character and suddenly that part would have been very important to him.
- Another random out-of-the-blue character would have emerged whose sole purpose in life would have been to bring the soul-mates together.
- With some random plans of this random out-of-the-blue character, the soul-mates would have met and would have fallen in each other arms equally randomly, making them realize their soul-mateness.
- But they would have held off, started fighting, until the random-out-of-the-blue character would have gotten them drunk and made one of them confess.
- There would have been awkwardness and some other subplot would have derailed the reconciliation.
- Couple of years later another random out-of-the-blue character would have made another person drink bhaang on holi and finally the soul-mates would have united. Until the evil mother-in-law or sister-in-law entered the plot, of course…
I got carried away.
Thank God, it wasn’t an Indian soap. Go, watch it. It’s nice 🙂