Note: This is NOT a custard based recipe.
- 2 tea-cups of heavy cream (400 gms of Amul Fresh Cream)
- 1 tea-cup of sweetened milk powder (Nestle whitener)
- 1 coffee-mug of watermelon juice
- 1 tbsp Vanilla extracts
- 1 tbsp of sweetened condensed milk (optional) (Amul Mithai Mate)
- Sugar (Added to taste, only if required)
- Mix cream, milk powder, vanilla extract, watermelon juice and condensed milk in a bowl that can be covered and used for freezing.
- Mixing cream may be difficult. I took small portions of cream and the liquid in a cup and whisked it. Even if the cream is not thoroughly mixed, it is all right.
- Taste the mixture and mix sugar to taste only if needed (I did not have to add any further sugar. The sugar in milk powder, condensed milk and watermelon was enough).
- Freeze it overnight.
- Take it out, cut in small pieces, put the pieces in a blender and run on the lowest setting (It helps to put pieces in small batches of 2-4).
- Pour back in the bowl and freeze again until set.
- You can try varying the proportion of cream and milk powder or add milk to your taste.
- If you have an ice cream maker, it may help produce a better texture instead of the blender.