Never thought this day will come. 😀 But here I am – sharing a recipe. It is not large-scale recipe. I had started off by quick 5-minute recipe for cake in a cup and then improvised for better results. Increase the ingredients in proportion if you want to cook more.
tsp = tea-spoon
tbsp = table-spoon
- 8 tsp Maida
- 1 tsp corn flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 4 tsp unsweetened cocoa power
- 8 tsp sugar
- 2 eggs
- 6 tsp milk
- 7 tsp oil
- 1 tbsp thick cream (Amul Fresh Cream)
- 1 tbsp sweetened condensed milk (Amul Mithai Mate)
- 1 tbsp Vanilla essence
- Chocolate Chips (optional and as much as you want)
- Sift Maida, corn flour, baking powder, cocoa powder and keep separately (Sifting is essential to make the cake lighter. Else it will turn out dense).
- Break the eggs and separate the yolk and egg white in two separate small bowls.
- Beat egg yolk and pour the milk in it.
- Beat egg whites.
- In a pan (not baking pan, but something big enough to hold all the batter), mix sugar and oil and whisk it until it is light and fluffy.
- Add cream, condensed milk, vanilla essence and beaten egg white to sugar and oil mix and whisk until it has mixed well.
- Add the flour mix and milk+egg yolk alternately to the above mixture and whisk each time till ingredients have mixed well. Do not over-whisk. Apparently over-whisking causes the cake to get dense. Whisk only till it has mixed well.
- At this stage you can taste the batter to ensure that sugar etc. is to your taste.
- Grease the baking pan with oil (you can also sprinkle some flour on top of it) and pour the batter in it.
- Optionally sprinkle the chocolate chips on the batter at this stage. (It melts creating chocolaty pockets in the cake).
- Bake it until a toothpick inserted in it comes out clean. (I don’t know how it will work on normal oven. I did the baking in my convection microwave. I used the “Bake+Cook” option, set the temperature to 180 degree Celsius and baked for 6 minutes.)