- This is a variation of Watermelon Ice cream I made and posted about earlier. The recipe produced 2 small scoops of ice cream for four people. Increase in proportion depending on your requirement.
- This is not a custard based recipe.
- 1 tea-cup of heavy cream (200 gms of Amul Fresh Cream)
- 1/2 tea-cup of sweetened milk powder (nestle whitener)
- 1/2-1 tbsp vanilla essence
- 3 tsp sugar (powdered preferred).
- 1/2 tea-cup of freshly brewed coffee decoction (I used filter coffee. Coffee maker can be used to make decoction, of course. The amount of decoction produced pretty strong coffee taste in the ice cream which was desired in my case. You can vary the amount by tasting the mixture.)
- If you are an instant coffee person, 1 tsp of coffee powder can be used. Taste the mixture and adjust.
- Mix cream, milk powder, vanilla essence and coffee decoction in a bowl that can be used for freezing. (If you are using instant coffee powder, you might need less sugar. Even otherwise, it is advisable that you taste the mixture and add sugar incrementally according to what suits you.)
- Freeze it overnight.
- Take it out, cut in small pieces, put the pieces in a blender and run on the lowest setting (It helps to put pieces in small batches of 2-4).
- Pour back in the bowl and freeze again until set.
- You can experiment by adding chocolate chips, almonds or caramel (add after step 3). I had put chocolate chips, which I really liked. But Abhaya would have preferred it without chocolates.